TWIN CITIES SIDING CONTRACTORS
One of the perks of vinyl siding is that it is easy to maintain. It simply needs cleaning when it gets dirty and damaged pieces can be replaced rather than large sections needing replaced. While it takes a lot for siding to become damaged, having a Twin Cities siding company take care of it for you will keep your home looking great. The same goes for the maintenance, as maintained siding is going to continue to look great and work well.There are also some things that you can do on your own to keep your siding looking great. They include:
- Preventing discoloration of your siding by covering it when using insecticides, stains, and sealants. Check product labels before applying in order to identify the potential problems.
- Don’t use anything that creates extreme heat around the siding. The siding will not combust, but it will melt.
- Keep leaves, trash, and other items that can catch fire away from the siding. If these materials would catch on fire, they could cause siding to melt.
- Using trees and bushes to cover areas of concentrated sunlight will extend the life of siding. When sunlight bears down on one specific area, then the temperature can become quite high. Although siding can handle high temperatures,
- Don’t worry about ever painting your vinyl siding. Painting can also void the manufacturer’s warranty. If you need a different color, you can check with your Minneapolis siding contractor.
As for cleaning, it is best to check the manufacturer recommendations. Power washers are not usually a good idea unless it is at the right setting. A soft-bristled brush can be used to get into the cracks and crevices.
You can have professional cleaning done so that you know it is done right and safely. Mold and mildew can be removed easily and so can ground in dirt. There are also certain kinds of stains that require specific intervention. For instance, bubble gum stuck to the siding is going to require a different cleaning method than crayon.
If you wish to clean spots off yourself, it is best to use products, such as Windex, Fantastik, Lestol, and Murphy Oil Soap. Water-based cleaners are going to be the safest on the siding, getting you the best results. Vinegar is even acceptable for mold and mildew removal when mixed with water. Powdered laundry detergent mixed with powdered household cleaner, laundry bleach, and water can make for a powerful cleaning solution.
You never want to apply cleaners that contain chlorine bleach, solvents, nail polish remover, grease remover, or furniture cleaners or polish.
Nonetheless, it is important to remember that you do not have to do the maintenance tasks on your own. Perhaps you don’t have the time or you are simply not able. Then again, it is safer for a professional to do the cleaning for you.
CONTACT A MINNEAPOLIS & ST. PAUL SIDING CONTRACTOR
If you need new siding or you need another siding-related service, First Impressions Exteriors, Inc. can help you. Call us today at 612-532-2036 for a free consultation.